The Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton Intellectual Property Agency (Beijing) Co., Ltd (the Kilpatrick Townsend IP Agency) provides integrated legal services to clients in need of advice regarding trademarks and related IP needs in China. The Kilpatrick Townsend IP Agency is led by Chris Woods, who is a Hong Kong, UK and US licensed attorney, and has practiced trademark law on behalf of US and European clients in the US and Asia for the past 30 years. Chris leads a multilingual, multi qualified trademark team that operates in Beijing, Shanghai and New York. All of the team members have focused their entire careers on protecting and enforcing the trademarks of our clients in the US and in Asia generally, and particularly in China. As a result, we bring a level of sophistication and experience to protecting and enforcing our client’s trademarks in the region that we believe is unparalleled in any other international trademark firm.
The Kilpatrick Townsend IP Agency is locally licensed and qualified under Chinese laws and regulations to carry out services directly for and on behalf of its clients in the following areas:
- Trademark filing and prosecution through to registration
- Oppositions and cancellation actions in the China Trademark Office and Trademark Review and Adjudication Board
- Appeals of trademark-related matters in the IP courts
- Advice regarding the development and management of trademark portfolios
- Copyright registration, strategy and related issues
- IP Enforcement matters involving Chinese authorities and agencies and litigation management and support
- Internet and domain name registration and dispute issues
- Trade secret protection and litigation support
- Licensing of intellectual property rights and related commercial agreements
- Advice regarding patent prosecution, litigation strategy and litigation issues
Given our team’s presence and depth of experience in China, there are few aspects of trademark practice relating to the region that our team hasn’t dealt with on numerous occasions. We regularly work with clients to develop China-specific filing and enforcement strategies, including audits and defensive filing programs to ensure all forms of a client’s major brands and sub-brands are fully protected through recovery programs and broad and robust registrations. The team is also heavily engaged in enforcement work in the region where our presence and understanding of Asian and Chinese cultures and languages enables us to handle enforcement issues in a responsive yet truly cost effective and efficient manner.